06 April, 2009

thirty five in two days

thirty 5
30 five
20 fifteen
oh hell- 35.

Feels like I just turned 30 a year ago. I was all worked up to be leaving my twenties. I had to get a dog, buy a house, get a tatoo, (among other things) to usher in my thirties- make it an event. My hope was that my thirties would be much better than my twenties. And, I'm happy to report, they sure as hell have been.

That being said, I'm in a state of denial that five years have flown by in a blink of an eye and a shot or two (or five hundred) of vodka. The last five years have been good to me in many ways, but I'm officially in my middle thirties. Help.

I heard recently that 50 is the new 30. So , I'm banking on 35 being the new 18. I have my whole life ahead of me. I'm young, ambitious and hopeful. god damn the cellulite, though!

Here's to 35. I'm going to celebrate and hope that the next five years go just a little slower.

No comments: